Saturday, September 7, 2013

Part II - Energy around Us

As I had mentioned in Part I, there are many different modalities that tap into the energy in and around us.

My first path led me to Reiki. For those of you not familiar with Reiki... Reiki in its simplest form is a universal life force energy that is given to a client through a reiki practitioner. From a healing point of view, it is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that promotes healing. During the session a Reiki practitioner "taps into" the life force energy using symbols and passes energy to the client through the practitioners hands using a technique called Laying of Hands. (modified slightly from wikipedia)

As I mentioned, this started me on my path... I felt to disconnected and there were "something" missing. There had to be more... I felt that I was nothing but a conduit being plugged in. Did it work? Yes. But it didnt meet my highest good. To many things were missing.

After sitting with it for a while, I explored Shamanism. Again, in case you are not familiar.... Shamanism is a practice that involves a practitioner reaching altered states of consciousness in order to encounter and interact with the spirit world.A shaman is a person regarded as having access to, and influence in, the world of benevolent and malevolent spirits, who typically enters into a trance state during a ritual, and practices divination and healing. (from wikipedia)

To me, Shamanism was an interesting journey that connected me to a different style of healing than Reiki. My healing sessions became a powerful jouney that was much more focused on past events and emotional turmoils that were not healed. The most important part of my exploring shamanism was that it showed me one aspect of healing that I had been neglecting. Myself.

It is always easier to heal others than to look in a mirror and find the healing within ourselves. 

I turned my healings and journeying abilities toward myself, consulted my most trusted condifidant/Truth Seer, and focused inward on myself. My Truth Seer told me that what I was looking for was something that I had forgotten long ago and needed to heal myself and look inward. 

After much arguing with myself, I did. I healed, meditated and opened myself to the world around me and saw the interconnections with life around me. The Earth with its trees, deep roots, dirt and stones. The Air blowing and changing the landscape. Fire burning with passion and cleansing everything it touched. Metal with its strength and protective abilities. And our spirit... past, present and futures strands all connected. 

As I thought on these, my healings became stronger both on myself and those that I healed. Individually each of these elements were stronger and more powerful than most of my Reiki sessions and when thought of as a whole (I refer to as Source) they were even more encompassing. 

Many of you may recognize certain elements as being connected to both Wicca beliefs (Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Wood) and thats true. But, it actually dates back further to an Ancient Chinese healing referred to as Five Element Theory which can be referenced as far back as 168BC. The Chinese used the element theory (Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Metal) to explain a wide array of phenomena, from cosmic cycles to the interaction between internal organs, and from the succession of political regimes to the properties of medicinal drugs.

I didn't know much about the Five Element Theory but kept reading and found that the Chinese were on to something. (no kidding, eh?) 

Everything is interconnected. The Five Element Theory left off Spirit, but I kept it in my healing sessions because it resonated strongly within me. The more I used the Elements in my healing sessions, the more I felt the connections and how life tied together. Our health, emotions, present and past actions, are all tied together and imprinted on us.

I also began to understand that Reiki, Shamanism, Therapeutic Touch, etc... all tapped into the same energy but due to our perception as the healer and how the energy resonates with us... provided different results. By following certain teachings we draw on what we feet we need or should connect to in order to offer healing.  

When I let go of the methods I was taught and reached out with my own energy... I felt the energy that surrounded me and began to realize and important lesson.

We as humans have inherent strengths and weaknesses and often try to mold our healing sessions into what we want them to be. We are taught to use our connections to the world around us and unintentionally put our limitations on what can and can not do.

The Universe, being as kind as it is... provides us just that.


More to follow


note: This is my personal experience and in no way is all inclusive. This series is not meant to be derogatory in any way. It is simply to share my experience.